Page 2 - MFM Session Issue April 21
P. 2

Montana Freemason  April 2016                                   Volume 92 Number 3

   The Montana Freemason is an official publication of
the Grand Lodge of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons
of Montana and is provided by the Montana Masonic
Foundation, Inc. Unless otherwise noted, articles in this
publication express only the private opinion or assertion of
the writer, and do not necessarily reflect the official position
of the Grand Lodge. The jurisdiction speaks only through
the Grand Master and the Executive Board when attested to
as official, in writing, by the Grand Secretary.

   The Editorial staff invites contributions in the form
of informative articles, reports, news and other timely
information (of about 350 to 1000 words in length) that
broadly relate to general Masonry. Submissions must be
typed or preferably provided in MS Word format, and all
photographs or images sent as a .JPG file. Only original or
digital photographs or graphics that support the submission
are accepted.

   All material is copyrighted and is the property of the
Grand Lodge of Montana and the authors.

Subscription - the Montana Freemason Magazine is provided
to all members of the Grand Lodge A.F.&A.M. of Montana.

© 2012 Montana Masonic Foundation, Inc. All rights              About the Cover
reserved. This material may not be reproduced, displayed,         Eighty years ago, the Grand Lodge of Montana
modified or distributed without the express prior written
permission of the copyright holder.                             moved into its new permanent home at 425 North
                                                                Park Avenue in Helena.
   When reprinted, articles should note:“Reprinted
with permission of The Montana Freemason Magazine.                In 1868 the Grand Lodge offices moved to Helena.
                                                                After a catastrophic 1874 fire, Cornelius Hedges,
   Please direct all articles and correspondence to :           then Grand Secretary, warned that the Grand
          Reid Gardiner, Editor                                 Lodge needed a “more stable and ceremonious
          The Montana Freemason Magazine                        office than (my) coattails. In August of 1928, Dr.
          PO Box 1158                                           W. J. Marshall the Grand Master recommended
          Helena, MT 59624-1158                                 to Grand Lodge that it make provision for a
          (406) 442-7774                                        permanent home of its own. The building fund
          mtglsec@grandlodgemontana.org                         reached it’s goal in 1934, and plans were displayed
                                                                at the Annual Communication in Missoula in 1935.
      Articles submitted should be typed, double spaced         They were approved, the site was purchased, and
   and spell checked. Articles are subject to editing and       the firm of McIvor and Cohagen of Great Falls
   Peer Review. No compensation is permitted for any            was selected as the architect. Construction began
   article or photographs, or other materials submitted         in August of 1925, and the building was ready for
   for publication. All photographs must be identified           occupancy in December of 1936.
   as to who took the photo and the names of the
   individuals who may appear in the photo. E-mail all            It is fitting that as we celebrate the 150th
   photos and articles to the address above.                    Anniversary of the Grand Lodge of Montana this
                                                                year that we also celebrate the 80th Anniversary
                                                                of the Grand Lodge building.

Page 2
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7